Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Sourcing and Updates for #projectpianoroom #projectbistrochic and #projectmuraledmaster...and a New One #projectfamily

As you can probably summize from this post's title, I've been working a lot...pretty much all I did on the weekend but thankfully, I utterly LOVE my  job so though it was techinally business, I had tons of fun doing it.

So...updates:

1. #projectpiano room got nailed down after we officially decided that this situation needs to happen...


Dark grey walls wrapped everywhere (ceiling, trim, windows etc.)...and the two very key pieces from Black Rooster...aka the sofa of my dreams and those insanely good almost 4' tall (yup...you read that right) sconces.  Hallelujah.

Sometimes it's just SO fun to play with scale and do things that on paper totally don't follow the rules...makes for much  more interesting spaces if you ask me.

And speaking of interesting...we're ripping up the carpet to do something like this...

[via my new fave Insta feed belonging to designer Jenny Dames]

Have I mentioned how much I ADORE these clients?

Holy fark...SO excited.

And speaking of how thankful I am to these people who are not afraid of embracing the 'not necessarily loved en mass' I was out sourcing on the weekend and spied this loveliness at  HomeSense...


As you can tell by the red clearance sticker, that's where it was...in the clearance section.

WTF people?

How has everyone and their great aunt Ruby not already purchased this masterpiece?

It looks like amazing stone salvage, weighs just as much but is PS, new and PS, CHEAP AS BORSCT.

Anyhoo...it's mine now...and by mine I mean, destined for #projectpianroom 's fireplace mantle...though honestly, I sort of really want to keep it but I'm going to try and stay strong...thinking 'we' before 'me' as it were;)

And again, VERY thankful to be working with clients who love the sort of things that make my heart go all pitter patter.

And speaking of that sort of business...

{please excuse crappy photos}

...this lucite beauty from my all time favourite local store Patina, is also under consideration.

One piece I spied here that isn't going in #projectpianoroom, however, is this...


...i.e. the prettiest damn example of ugly pretty I ever did see.

I'm secretly praying #projectdreamhouse plans resume tout suite so I can buy it for myself and put it in the new dining room.

Stay tuned.

2. #projectbistrochic god a lot of attention this weekend as me and my client went back and forth on decisions for chairs and fabric.

A few things were definitely sorted.

For one, thanks once again to Black Rooster, chair nirvana has been found.

Let me demonstrate with this exhibit:

a. Kelly Wearster Souffle Chair, otherwise known as my favourite chair of ALL TIME...


b. Black Rooster Glove Leather Seat...

Pictures of Black Glove Leather Seat

...for PS, pretty much 1/4 the price.

Sweet Jesus.

And very happily, my fab #projectbistrochic client (PS, I have the BEST clients) loves them too so a pair will be making an appearance in her family room.

And opposite them, we're taking these antique pretties...


...and re-upholstering them in this...

Peaceful Temple, Porcelain

Oh la la la la.

It's going to be good y'all.

Oh and one more thing on that note...on our original board for this room, I had sourced this screen goodie...

Pictures of Gilded Geometric Screen

...which is gorgeous but well...not free.

HomeSense might have just come through for me again on this front.

Hello DIY gold leaf possibility...


...for ::whispers: $129.

God I love a good deal.

Again, more to come.

3. On the #projectmuraledmaster front...

You may have remembered our original plan...


...well it sort of fell apart when I made the mistake of posting a link to the rug and it went and got sold before the seller had a chance to reserve it for us.

After a long search for a suitable replacement, a new plan was hatched thanks to this antique beauty...


...and we are all VERY excited about what's going to transpire come install time.

How thankful am I to have clients who love vintage...love the hunt...love taking chances on things?

The fact that this one is ready to slap gold moulding on mint green walls...well that tells you something right there...a designer's dream!

4. And finally, I did a little work for my sister.

I'm one of those lucky people who has the best/most incredible sisters in the universe so to do this for her was/is happiness.

Also, I flat out owe her.

She surprised me last weekend by telling me that for my 'big/not to spoken about' birthday that's coming up, she's planning on taking me to Miami for the weekend!!!

And we're staying HERE...


Yup...fancy resort...hot weather...trip...time with my sister...THE BEST!

Anyhoo...she does everything for me and is my girl best friend and is awesome so yes...I want to help her sort out her family room situation...sooooooo the least I can do.

So, with a few pieces already in place (sectional, trellis rug, side tables) and a mandate to have a neutral tone on tone sort of room, I put this together...


...and I can't wait to see it all happen.

And on that note, I hope you all had a fabulous weekend doing what it is that you love...time spent doing that sort of thing is just the bees knees.

xo
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Christine, all of this is fantastic and I LOLed about five times during this post. Thanks for the humour and inspiration this morning. Those clients are daring and trusting, a designer's dream!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, so many amazing projects. So glad to be a part of them in any capacity. Thanks so much for the amazing support. You rock. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy lady! I can't believe your home sense score! Gotta love that place.oh and what a fantastic sister! Blair and I have long said that we will go to Paris as a joint 40 th bday gift to ourselves. Now that it's fast approaching, I'm hoping we will actually get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the rug was gone, i was actually curious to hear how it was dealing with an Esty shop so far away. Please keep posting those links, they are a great source of info

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a busy woman! I am insanely jealous of your Homesense scores; I have the Homesense curse - that is to say, there are never great items like this when I go in. It's like the staff see me coming and hide all the goodies in the back until I leave. It's a conspiracy. But I digress. Great job on all the projects so far, looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you source the mural again? Love it all! Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that gold screen and wanted one so bad, but I'm pretty sure the price was around $2,000... Totally ridiculous for an impractical accent piece, so I made my own! It's actually much easier than you would expect, and looks pretty damn close to the original. Except I spray painted mine gold rather than using gold leaf, I never seem to have an easy time gold leafing anything. That Homesense screen is pretty damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee, miami. I live here. Enjoy the Fountainbleau

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that brass screen! Congrats on having a fabulous sister and a Miami trip to look forward to! You need a break like this, even though you may not think so! It will be a blast. Great plans in the works as always. Love your esthetic and your fun picks. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell me something. Why are you such a freaking genius!?!?!? Obsessed with everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Christine, I came across black gold lacquer cabinet at Chair Table Lamp and thought you might like it: http://www.chairtablelamp.com/2014/01/1940s-black-lacquered-cabinet.html. I wish I had room for it in my house.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the annoying captias...tried turning them off for a day and my inbox exploded with crap.

Smooches to everyone who perservered and left a sweet comment anyways! xoxo