The youngest Dovey was awake at 3 am this morning, so please excuse me if my sentences run together or don't make sense.
(And while we're on the topic of babies...read on...)
(And while we're on the topic of babies...read on...)
Thankfully, I had work to do so when he finally drifted off to sleep at about 5 am (at which time I was PS, now wide awake) I was able to get some stuff done.
But let's back up for a minute so I can show you where this project started.
Meet a New York 13'7 x 9'5 very pretty little room...
...along with my first round plan of what to do with it...
As you can probably tell from the board, this room is being made into a nursery for a precious princess nugget that's about to join the world...and I couldn't be more excited about helping to get her nursery ready...little girls' rooms are pretty much my favourite thing to design in the world...mostly because you get to decorate around gloriousness like that wallpaper you see there... that gorgeousity is thanks to the ever talented Andrea Whalen of Spoonflower/Domesticate
fame...she up and designed/hand painted some stunning new designs for her shop, including these three lovelies...

And the best part, the patterns will be available in paper and fabric!!!!!!
So...my client and I are thinking of using the pattern on the far right for the walls and the kumquat prettiness in the middle as balloon curtains a la this sort of action...
Now, as always, we've made a few revisions to the original plan...various drafts have been done..
1...more pink, less saturated colour and a rocker...
...that you might want to take a closer look at...

It was the one I wanted more than life itself for Jasper's room but had to adbandon when the CL beauty I have now became available for a mere $50.
In any case, I'm literally jumping up and down that this gorgeous little girl's room is going to have that thing of beauty in it.
2...smaller dresser options, the kumquats as curtains, new art and a narrower seating option...
3...other fabric choices for balloons just for fun...
a. Loving the Lulie Wallace patterns in here...in combo with her art of course...
...also note the yellow chair on that one...



...woa (PS/sidenote...don't judge but I had to look up how to spell woa before typing- some small words like that stump me every time...another one is yay...like is another word for hooray, as used in "yay...so excited!!"...I still sometimes right yeah by mistake and have to really think about it each time I type it...anyhoo...I digress into stupidity I guess:) Nelly.
B. Since we're doing the walls that aren't paper in a soft pink, yellow really appeals to me- some selections on that front along with the chaise...
And that my friends, is where we are now.
Stay tuned for updates on this deliciously sweet project as they come.
And on a totally different note (but just as sweet,) if you haven't ready fallen in girl love with BANKS, do so now...
A huge thanks to the ever very fabulous Zoe Pawlak for the introduction...I'm pretty much completely obsessed in a hard girl attraction way...good stuff.
xo








What a fun project!
ReplyDelete(oh and for what it is worth, I would say WOAH nelly! hahaha)
What a lucky little girl, beautiful boards!
ReplyDeleteThat is absolutely gorgeous! Perfect for a little lady.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't get your boards to load on my screen :( but am DY-ING over the new scenes via Domesticate.
ReplyDeleteag
Is there a source for that yellow chair as well as the rocking chair? This room is going to be just beautiful!
ReplyDeletewow, super.
ReplyDeleteHi Christine, I love the yellow love seat lots and the rocker is painfully wanted here by me (: in calgary!
ReplyDeleteNow I loved the far right wallpaper before reading that you chose it too, great stunner.
This already looks like a precious special room!
Ciao z
Wow, Christine all of these options are absolutely gorgeous!!! What a lucky little girl :)
ReplyDeleteThat little yellow love seat is SO fab. I also like the pink love seat in the second option. They are all perfect.
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be fab!
Lovely room! The little princess will have a wonderful room :)
ReplyDeleteI just followed a link from Peppermint Bliss to your blog. I love the white nursery that is posted on her blog. This pastel nursery you've designed here is just beautiful. I'll definitely check back in
ReplyDelete