Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A New Room for #projectnordic

Good day friends.

I'm excited to tell you that I've been asked to put together a new from for #projectnordic and I'm so delighted...working with this client is such a treat because she's always so excited about everything...makes the whole process feel like anything but work.

But before I get to the new room I'm designing for Ms Norway, I want to show you this...

Photo: All my furniture and decore for my house. Finally it's coming my way very soon!

...and tell you that what you're seeing there is actually this...


...and this...


...and this...

Displaying kristinebasement1.png

...all packed up in one giant crate, and on its way to Norway...well most of it anyways...crate #2 will also be making its way there come March.

Wooooohoooooo.....I literally can not wait to see these spaces put together...not to mention the joy I know will happen when my client gets to unwrap all of this...talk about Christmas come early!

And on the shipping a giant crate full of furniture, accessories and lighting note, I have to give a ginormous HUGE thank you shout out to Christine over at 219 for pretty much organizing this entire thing...she put in a ridiculous amount of time and effort to get this shipment on its way and I can't thank her enough...she's a gem among gems to be sure.

Now back to Norway.

Since her outdoor room, basement and living room are well on their way to being done, I've now been assigned the main floor powder room and with things like this as inspiration...

This is the wee powder room in Bizzy's glamper. This is so boho glam. The wallpaper is from Nina Campbell Perroquet.............

Home Decor: Every home should have: A wallpapered powder room.

If you could turn this into a powder room, basically thats all I want.


...I came up with this initial design board...


But...as it turns out, that Perroquet wallpaper that appeared twice in Ms Norway's original inspiration folder, is too loved not be used so I revised the scheme to something along these lines...


The sconces are still up for debate...I actually sent a few choices so we shall see but for now, this is the general idea.

PS, powder rooms are like kid spaces...they're so fun because people tend to be a bit more adventurous and daring...I can't wait to see this one come to life.

xo
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. That peacock feather wallpaper is just WOW. Love the bar carts as well. Ms Norway is one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am DROOLING over that first bathroom pic! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a fun & exciting powder room & the sink vanity you selected is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmmm...YES. Where have you been all my life?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Perroquet wallpaper too - it is delicious and perfect for a powder room!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you know I'm partial to Le Perroquet. So glad that black basin was also not negotiable. #todie
    ag

    ReplyDelete
  8. a crate full of goodies, indeed! how awesome is that?! I can't wait to see those rooms all set up. and seriously, the peacock wallpaper in the House Beautiful photo made me say "whoaaaaaa" out loud. stunning. the chosen wall paper is beyond good, this powder room is gonna be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the finished spaces. They will gorgeous for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the annoying captias...tried turning them off for a day and my inbox exploded with crap.

Smooches to everyone who perservered and left a sweet comment anyways! xoxo