1. Not only is #pkg appearing in the January issue of Style at Home...it's going to be on the mother farter COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And. I. Die.
2. I'm filming another episode of Steven and Chris as we speak...a tour of #projectscarlett will be shown, along with my 2 cents on how to use pink correctly in your home- good stuff.
All thing totaled, it's pretty much nothing but rainbows and unicorns in these here parts....
...if you minus my ridiculous baby induced weight gain and very crampy lady parts that is.
Happy, happy, dance, dance.
Since I'm off being semi-famous today, I thought it a great time to feature another....
...and it's a doozy folks.
Please join me in welcoming Ms Irene from the OP Life.
Now if you aren't already a fan of this fabo blog, well you must start being so now...it's filled to the brim with pretty fashion, design, life, health and food stuff - all wrapped up in a sparkly bow of prettiness.
I'm always very touched by how supportive Irene is and am so happy to feature her dazzling style here today...not only is her seven lovely to look at but my goodness...it's so packed with GREAT info.
Enjoy my lovelies.
I am a huge fan of Christine, love her style, love all that she does, her artwork, her fabulous blog, and the super awesome mommy she is! So you gotta know how UBER excited I am to share with all of you Bijou and Boheme fans my Style in Seven. I just am wrapping up my own project in my casa and I am thinking to myself, OH how I wish I did this full time because I have SO much fun designing, decorating, making our dwellings just OH so wonderful to be in. I’ll be sad when my little personal project is complete. So there is when I get to VENT to all of you and my readers whenever I blab about domestic goodness. So THANK YOU Christine for letting me share a bit of myself with your awesome readers!
My STYLE in SEVEN totally defines me. Anyone who reads this and knows me and knows my tastes and my home will completely agree!
Here is my STYLE in SEVEN!
1. Buy your stuff EVERYWHERE. Be a HUNTER and a GATHERER. Especially with first time or new home buyers. Don’t run out to the furniture store and fill your home with THIS set and THAT set. Get some new things, YES, but include some old treasures! Shop at estate sales, go to consignment shops. I LOVE to find things that NO ONE else has, things that are not what you see in every display in every furniture store with matchy-matchy set stuff. Just yesterday, I got the most INCREDIBLE end tables this weekend at an estate sale. Two oval cream tables that had a gold border inlaid in their tops, AND their tops SWIVELED, and the entire thing was made out of like a faux travertine. A M A Z I N G. And the best part? They are SUPER unique! I spent $135 for both and look like DA BOMB, like something I’d find on 1stDibs!
2.. Mirror, Gold and Clear. Three elements I GOTTA have. Add an element of mirror. Be it in your furniture, in your accent pieces, on the walls, it creates dimension and depth. If you have mirrored walls, it creates an illusion of a larger space. The walls surrounding my Jacuzzi tub deck are mirrored to the ceiling, and makes my master bath look larger than it is AND makes the travertine in my opinion POP. I think I have some piece of mirrored furniture in EVERY room! If not a piece of furniture, then for sure a mirror on the wall. Adding Gold. Bling! I can’t live without it. I donno if it’s because it’s a WARM metal tone, but I love it. Maybe it’s like jewelry to the room? It mixes and goes with EVERYTHING. Add it in with your furnishings, accent pieces, anyway! It just BELONGS. Clear? Lucite or glass. I just love all 3 of these elements and can’t live without em.
3. Bold patterns and print. Animal ALWAYS goes. It’s my first choice! Add some splash of animal somehow in the room. Even a little sprinkle. It’s a bold fun print that brings that excitement into area. If not animal, then there are many others that are pretty awesome… a Moroccan pattern, chevron, or my favorite, the Greek key design! Have some KA POW somewhere somehow through pattern.
4. Lighting. Ceiling lighting specifically. Let it drip. Let it sparkle. Have it where you can. Fun beautiful lighting is like an accessory to an outfit. Sure, you can go with simplicity, can lights, but perhaps adding a totally unique fixture in the room is like that finishing touch like adding an amazing grouping of bracelets to a great outfit already… it makes it that much greater! That mud room I’ve been working on has 2 chandeliers. Am I crazy? Why not dress it up! Have fun with your lighting, too. Traditional works, but why go for ORDINARY when you can go for unique!
5. Make it YOU. You don’t have to go out and fill your space with STUFF. Accumlate it as you find it. From travels, to collections, to things you love (like I love elephants, I LOVE LOVE Florentine, I love Czech glass art, I love to display my kids art as the art it is). Have it be a reflection of you.
6. Anything goes! Mix it all up. Can you tell that’s a BIG thing of mine?
Mixing up textures, styles, patterns, colors. Have some traditional elements with some sleek contemporary things, add maybe some Hollywood glam, some retro.
7. Be UNIQUE. I think that is a HUGE part of my style both for design as well as my PERSONAL style. It’s not about having the most expensive things, but having a fabulous look, no matter HOW you achieve it. Mixing old with new, from a garage sale or thrift shop to the most incredible furniture store splurge or the most INCREDIBLE retailer with awesome labels. It’s how you put it all together to come up with a totally unique, one of a kind look that you love to wear or live in. I swear one of my most complimented coats I got um, maybe 9 years ago in a THRIFT shop? For REAL!
And as I was gathering images to share with you, I realized that all of these really overlap! Every space I love has some part of some of these elements if not ALL of these elements.
These are my seven. A very simple seven. Maybe a LUCKY seven? (I’m always thinking casinos!) But it’s for sure seven that define me and my style! Thank you Christine for having me be a part of your collection of Style in Seven! Much agape your way!! Muuuuuuuuuaaaaah!
It's official...Ms Irene is professor design enlightment.