Goodmorning lovelies!! Today I'm so happy to welcome the utterly stylish Hallie, of The Glam Lamb, to B&B.
Her blog was one of the very first I started reading and I continue to be endlessly inspired by her take on all things pretty.
TGL is pretty much a gorgeous resource guide to the world of fashion, entertainment, decor...if you're any kind of design lover, it is a total delight to the senses.
Hallie is truly a girl after my own heart...I simply adore her love affair with vintage and regency style.
And PS, she is one of the sweetest and most beautifully supportive bloggers out there so please give her a giant welcome.
Hi there! I'm Hallie from The Glam Lamb and I am so excited to be part of Christine's fabulous Style in Seven series. Christine is one of my favorite blogging friends, so I am thrilled to take part!
1. Chic Lighting - I am a sucker for lighting. I could fill my entire home with lamps and chandeliers if I had a limitless amount of rooms to light up. I truly feel that lighting is such a key part of design and gorgeous, ornate ones are my weakness. An easy little trick for lighting would be to put every room on a dimmer. I just recently did it and it made a world of difference.
2. Bamboo - Bamboo is another weakness. I love the vintage Drexel and Lane pieces. My dining room is a vintage Drexel set that I recently painted in high gloss white. I love the combination of chic and boho and mixed together. Painted bamboo chairs and mirrors are popping up all over Etsy and Ebay too!
3. Fabric - Who doesn't love gorgeous prints of fabric. Right now I am so focused on layering fabrics and pairing the right geometric with the right floral, etc. Fabric is like art. Beautiful colors, images, and texture.
4. Animals - Now, I am not talking about real animals (Even though I love those too, and have a dog of my own...) I am talking about kooky, fun home decor. Whether it be an elephant garden store, or a fun horse or turtle by Jonathan Adler - they all are great. I love that bit of whimsy they bring and tone down and stuffiness.
5. Milk Glass - I love vintage milk glass. I sell quite a bit of it on my Etsy shop, and I have a small collection of my own. The pieces are great to use grouped together for entertaining, can be used for small accessories storage, and so much more. The pieces are so ornate and really are special.
6. Vintage Shopping - Hitting up estate sales, flea markets, and vintage shops are a definite weakness of mine. I love the hunt for a great find. It's also great to meet the different dealers, and the people who have stories about these items. There really are some amazing one-of-a-kind pieces out there and I love looking for them.
7. Layering & Mixing Genres - My personal home decor style involves a lot of layering. I love the look of different periods mixed together, like there are no rules. The perfect blends to shake things up really is my favorite type of look.